- Job ID 8201
- Job Company Transport, Accommodation is provided. Meals, flight ticket every two year
- CAREER LEVEL Junior
A waiter, also known as a server or waitstaff, is responsible for taking orders and serving food and beverages to customers in a restaurant, cafe, or other dining establishments.
Their primary role is to ensure that guests have a pleasant dining experience by providing excellent customer service. Here is a general job description for a waiter:
- Greeting and seating customers: Waiters are often the first point of contact for customers. They greet guests as they arrive, show them to their tables, and provide menus.
- Taking orders: Waiters interact with customers to take their food and drink orders accurately. They should be knowledgeable about the menu, including daily specials, and be able to answer questions regarding ingredients or preparation methods.
- Serving food and beverages: Waiters deliver orders to the kitchen or bar and ensure that the food and drinks are prepared according to the customers’ requests. They serve meals promptly and in the correct order, ensuring that each guest receives their order accurately and in a timely manner.
- Upselling and suggesting menu items: Waiters may suggest additional items such as appetizers, desserts, or specialty drinks to enhance the dining experience. They should be familiar with the menu and capable of making recommendations based on customer preferences.
- Handling customer inquiries and complaints: Waiters should address any customer concerns or complaints promptly and professionally. They should be able to resolve minor issues or involve a manager when necessary to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintaining cleanliness and organization: Waiters are responsible for ensuring that the dining area is clean, well-maintained, and organized. This includes setting tables, refilling condiments, clearing dirty dishes, and arranging utensils.
- Processing payments: Waiters calculate and present bills to customers accurately. They handle cash transactions and process credit card payments using the restaurant’s point-of-sale (POS) system.
- Collaborating with other staff: Waiters work closely with kitchen staff, bartenders, and other members of the waitstaff team to ensure smooth operations. They communicate customer requests or modifications to the kitchen and coordinate the timing of orders to ensure a seamless dining experience.
- Following health and safety regulations: Waiters adhere to strict food safety and hygiene standards to maintain a safe environment for both customers and staff. They handle and serve food in accordance with health regulations and report any potential issues to the appropriate authorities.
- Upselling and suggestive selling: Waiters may be responsible for promoting daily specials, recommending wine pairings, or suggesting additional menu items to increase sales and enhance the overall dining experience.