- Job ID 8005
- Job Company Transport, Accommodation is provided
- CAREER LEVEL Head
Chef De Partie
A Chef de Partie, also known as a Station Chef or Line Cook, is a skilled culinary professional responsible for overseeing and managing a specific section or station in a professional kitchen. They work under the supervision of the Sous Chef or Head Chef and collaborate with the rest of the kitchen staff to ensure the efficient operation and production of high-quality food.
- Food Preparation: Prepare and cook food items according to standardized recipes, ensuring consistency in taste, presentation, and quality. This includes handling ingredients, marinating, seasoning, grilling, frying, baking, and any other cooking techniques specific to the assigned section.
- Station Management: Take charge of a designated section of the kitchen, such as the grill, sauté, pastry, or cold station. Organize and maintain a clean and well-stocked station, ensuring that all necessary ingredients, tools, and equipment are readily available.
- Supervision and Training: Assist in training and supervising junior kitchen staff, such as commis chefs and apprentices, ensuring they follow food safety and hygiene standards, as well as proper cooking techniques. Provide guidance, support, and feedback to enhance their skills and performance.
- Menu Development: Collaborate with the Sous Chef or Head Chef in developing new dishes, creating special menus, and updating existing recipes. Contribute ideas, suggestions, and knowledge of ingredients, techniques, and trends to enhance the culinary offerings.
- Quality Control: Monitor the quality and freshness of ingredients, ensuring that all food items leaving the station are of high quality, properly cooked, and visually appealing. Adhere to portion control standards and minimize waste by practicing efficient cooking techniques and proper storage.
- Food Safety and Hygiene: Maintain a clean and sanitary workstation in accordance with food safety regulations. Follow proper food handling and storage procedures to prevent foodborne illnesses. Monitor and record temperature logs and ensure compliance with health and safety standards.
- Collaboration: Work collaboratively with other members of the kitchen team, including chefs, sous chefs, and kitchen assistants, to ensure smooth operations, timely service, and customer satisfaction. Communicate effectively and professionally with team members and other departments.
- Proven experience as a Chef de Partie or similar role in a professional kitchen environment.
- In-depth knowledge of various cooking techniques, kitchen equipment, and ingredients.
- Strong understanding of food safety and hygiene standards.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Effective communication and teamwork abilities.
- A culinary diploma or relevant certification is preferred but not mandatory.